| KC Trains
"Learning is a Journey.....Not a Destination"
|Workshop Name:||Effective Performance Management & Appraisals|
|Contact Hours:||6 or customizable|
This workshop will offer supervisors ideas for writing meaningful performance objectives and plans. Steps to take that will make performance plans and appraisals a collaborative effort that increases motivation and performance efforts will also be offered. Each participant will go home with resources that will help with even the most difficult evaluation.
Methods for planning an effective performance review:
- Stages of the performance appraisal
- When does the appraisal start
- Best practices for the review session
- Summary of evaluation biases
Ideas for writing effective performance objectives and plans:
- Tips to objectively measure employee performance
- How to write an achievable plan
- How to increase employee commitment to the goals of the plan
The planning is done, now what?
- How to write an effective appraisal - resources that will help with the most difficult evaluations
- How to avoid legal pitfalls
- Procedures to include the employee
- Systems for gathering and recording
|Who Should Attend:||HR Staff; Supervisory Staff; Library Staff; Non-Profit; Government; Business|
Click here for an application form
City Metropolitan Library & Information Network
Last Updated 9/1/05